- This event has passed.
NOAA Ocean Acidification Program (OAP) Community Meeting
January 4 - January 6
NOAA’s Ocean Acidification Program (OAP) seeks to better prepare society to respond to changing ocean conditions and resources by expanding understanding of ocean acidification, through interdisciplinary partnerships, nationally and internationally. Ocean acidification is occurring because our ocean is absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, leading to lower pH and greater acidity. This is causing a fundamental change in the chemistry of the ocean from pole to pole.
NOAA’s Ocean Acidification Program’s 2023 Community Meeting will be January 4-6 at the Scrips Seaside Forum at 8610 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA.
- Shape the future strategic direction of the OAP
- Inform community members of recent OAP-supported efforts
- Foster collaborations within the OA research community
- Identify critical research gaps and efforts to address them
- Highlight and discuss diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and justice in OA research and our community