Adopt-a-Float Sticker Contest
2023 Sticker Contest
The 2023 Adopt-a-Float Sticker Contest is now open and accepting entries! Submit your design by May 1, 2023 for the chance to be featured as the 2023 Logo!
- Submission must be sent as a digital image file in one of the following formats: jpg, png, or pdf
- Design must be at least 3″ on each side at 300 dpi
- Email entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or an access link (through Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar) if the file is too big to email
- Sticker design must include “Adopt-a-Float”
- Sticker design must include both float websites (go-bgc.org and soccom.princeton.edu)
- Sticker design must also include the NSF logo (https://www.nsf.gov/policies/logos.jsp)
During the 2021-22 academic year, SOCCOM and GO-BGC held a sticker contest to help bring attention to the Adopt-A-Float program. With over 25 entries from three different schools, the outreach team selected a design from Bethany at Stone Valley Middle School in Alamo, CA for the sticker. Stone Valley Middle School 7th graders have adopted both a SOCCOM (Larry the Lion) and a GO-BGC (Squeezing Time) float. Both of these floats have been deploymed in 2022/2023. There were an additional three sticker designs that were designated as honorable mentions.
We will likely have another contest in 2022-2023 so feel free to get your students working on some ideas!
I painted this because it shows all the life in the ocean and the reason SOCCOM made these floats was for a better ocean, and with a better ocean, there are healthier, happier and more living things in the sea.
The 2022 winning sticker design from Bethany at Stone Valley Middle School in Alamo, California